Travel to Indonesia : Experience in Semarang - Indonesia Travel Tips, News & Experience

Travel to Indonesia : Experience in Semarang

As I've mentioned in my last post, my first destination is Semarang. There are many ways to reach Semarang from my city Bandung. I can choose train, plane, bus or travel agency.

I usually choose travel agency because unlike other options, they are able to pick me up directly from home or anywhere I choose. And when I arrived in Semarang, they also will drop me anywhere I want. So if you are totally blind about your destination, travel agency is a good solution for you. I have 2 favourite travel agency, Sentral Travel and Fortuna Travel (dial 108 to find out their numbers), and this time I only get Sentral Travel for my trip since the other is fully booked.


Travelling from Bandung to Semarang took about 8 hours and they picked me around 8:30. So I finally arrived in Semarang around 5 in the morning. There are plenty of time for me before my meeting at 9, so I took a walk around Simpang Lima, the center of Semarang city and took some pictures around.


Here are some of pictures that I took.


Simpang Lima Area. The heart of Semarang.








Baiturrahman Mosque, The main Mosque in Semarang. Located in Simpang lima.











Simpang Lima view in the morning. Around 6. If you noticed, you can see Ciputra hotel on the left and Horison Hotel in the front.









People of Semarang use Simpang Lima as a jogging area. Here you can see some one is walking, and some bikers (in red) behind.










You don't have to worry about shopping. You can find many places like Ramayana super store around Semarang. Ramayana located at the South of Simpang Lima.







Hotels in Semarang

When you go for Indonesia Travelling, you shouldn't worry about where to stay. Just like in Semarang you can find many stars hotel. Here are some of them located around Simpang lima.





Ciputra Hotel. A 4 stars hotel. Located north of Simpang Lima.










Horison Hotel. Located at the east of Simpang Lima.









Graha Santika. This is where I stayed during my trip in Semarang. I will show you some pictures and review about this hotel in my next post. See you around.

No comments: