Lebaran Traffic - Indonesia Travel Tips, News & Experience

Lebaran Traffic

We've just celebrating one of the most busy celebration of the year. Lebaran or known also as Idul Fitri. At this moment, we have the biggest traffic jam ever in a year, and it happens yearly.
I myself went to Central Java as my destination for "mudik" a term refer to travelling back to our origin (mostly it's the city where our parents or elder lives). Luckily, I mean luckily I only experience less than an hour traffic jam this year on my way to Purwokerto. And I didn't get one on my way back. Most people will experience up to more than 24 hours traffic jam during their way go and back. Can you imagine that, 24 hours trapped in your car?
So for you guys, I suggest not to travelling a lot during Lebaran celebration days. This traffic jam usually takes around 1o days (5 days before and after, depends on calendar's day off). If you have to, take the Lebaran Day it self for travelling, or if applicable you can use the oppsite direction of the main mudik stream. Before Lebaran Day, the traffic from Central and East java is less busy, and so as after Lebaran Day.
Good luck.

No comments: